Install Genesis + 259 West Theme
All of 259 West's themes require the Genesis Framework in order to work. If you do not have a copy of this yet you can purchase it directly from StudioPress. After purchasing the Genesis Framework, download the files to your computer. Do not unzip the files.
If your computer automatically unzipped this file, you can zip it back up by right-clicking and either selecting "zip" or "compress".
You will need to install the Genesis Framework on your blog before the 259 West theme.
Installing the Genesis Framework
- Go to Appearance > Themes.
- On the themes page, click on the “Add New” button at the top.
- On the next screen, click on the “Upload Theme” button at the top.
- You’ll see an upload dialog. Browse for the .zip file you downloaded from StudioPress. It'll be named genesis.2.x.x. Select the file and click “Install Now”.
- Once the Genesis Framework is installed, you will see a success message along with the links to activate the theme, preview the theme, and Return to the Themes page. Do NOT activate the theme.
- Click Return to the Themes page.
Installing Your 259 West Theme
The steps are more or less the same as above. Follow steps 1-3 as detailed above. Then
- In the upload dialog browse for and select the .zip file you downloaded from 259west.com or Creative Market.
- After selecting the file click "Install Now"
- Once you receive the success message, click the Activate link
Your blog will now sport your brand new theme! However, if you take a peek at your blog chances are it looks nothing like you might expect. There are a few more steps you need to take in order to get everything looking as it should!